Orthopaedics and trauma are one of the strongest department in Advanced Poly Clinic. Dr. Prem Lal Shrestha MD, Chairman of the clinic, himself is the senior consultant orthopaedic surgeon of Nepal. He is a pioneer in Arthroscopic surgery in Nepal. Thus, making the orthopaedic department a leading department in the clinic.
Both the branches of APC: Kathmandu clinic and Pokhara clinic are well equipped for the diagnosis and treatment of various orthopaedic and trauma related conditions.
Services provided in Orthopaedics are:
- OPD Consultations by Orthopaedic surgeons
- Joint problems and disease
- Skeleto-muscular conditions
- Spine conditions like cervical (neck) and lumbar (back) spondylosis.
- Various traumas
- Dislocation of joint treatment
- Treatment of fractures with cast (plaster)
- Minor surgeries including knee arthroscopic surgeries
- Many more
APC has a small but very effective Physiotherapy Department with microwave and ultrasound physiotherapy machines, and cervical spine traction. Microwave physiotherapy is very effective in the treatment of a wide range of diseases, some of which include: acute and chronic back pain, spondylosis, arthritis, neck pain, all types of muscular pain and stiffness, etc.
The Physiotherapy Department is handled by the orthopaedic Department and is led by Dr. Prem Lal Shrestha MD, Senior Consultant orthopaedic surgeon, Chairman of APC himself.
Team of Orthopaedics doctors:
- Dr. Prem Lal Shrestha MD: Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon. Kathmandu Clinic. Time: 2PM-6:30PM everyday except Saturdays.
- Dr. Pabin Thapa MBBS, MS: Orthopaedic Surgeon. Pokhara Clinic. Time: 1PM-2PM everyday except Saturdays.